Hostel automation has become something indispensable in recent years. Each newly built or renovated hostel wants to have room and space automation that includes:
- 24/7 uninterrupted access to the hostel and its private rooms;
- Ease of use;
- Reduced electricity consumption for air conditioning, cooling, heating;
- Automatic switching off lights in rooms and hallways.
Basically, hostel automation is similar to hotel automation. Given the fact that hostels are focused on the segment of budget guests, basic and standard automation solutions are preferred. Basic solutions can also be adjusted and modified according to the project requirements.
Hostel automation solutions consist of the following components:
- Access control: Door Lock with Card Reader,
- Card Holder (Energy Saving Switch);
- Room Thermostat;
- Card Encoder (reception).
- Option: Controller;
- Option: WebServer (software for remote control);
AUTOMATICS IN THE HOSTEL
Basic components of hostel automation:
with integrated card reader
Robust Electronic Lock with and integrated contactless Card Reader, safety lock and burglar protection.
Find out more: Andivi NDV Electronic Door Lock
Energy Saving Switch:
Energy Saving Switch in the form of a card holder – enables energy savings by regulating air conditioning and lighting and manages electrical devices.
Find out more: NDV-ESS2 Energy Saving Switch
VARIOUS SOLUTIONS OF HOSTEL AUTOMATION
We have summarised some of the most common automation solutions for hostels – from extremely simple solution that include only access control and all the way to the solution that helps lower energy consumption.
AUTOMATICS OPERATION SCENARIOS
Below are the most common scenarios of operation of hostel automation.
Entering the room:
- Hold the card near the Card Reader (on the Electronic Door Lock).
- The Card Reader opens the door.
- Pleasant welcome lighting switches on immediately after the door opens.
- Put the card in the Energy Saving Switch that sends data to the Controller.
- The Controller activates the in-room power supply, sets the air conditioning into Comfort mode, allows switching on the lights and controlling the window blinds.
Exiting the room:
When the card is withdrawn from the Energy Saving Switch for more than 1 minute, the Controller turns off the power supply, sets the air conditioning to Economy mode, turns off the lights and disables the blinds’ controls.
- Window and/or door contact sensor detects opening of windows/doors and sends the status to the Controller.
- If the window is opened, the Thermostat turns off the fan coil.
Alarms are defined according to the wishes of the apartment administrator. The Controller triggers an alarm if:
- Window is opened and there is no card in the Card Reader;
- Air conditioning does not work (for example, due to an error, no power supply, etc.);
- Doors to the room are opened for too long;
- SOS alarm is triggered in the bathroom;
- There is a flood in the bathroom;
- Temperature difference between the desired and actual room temperature is too high.
Management and control of rooms is also possible from a remote computer at the hostel reception. This enables simple access to hostel rooms, lowering of the temperature and turning off the fan. It enables energy savings with just a few clicks on the reception computer, without even going to individual rooms.
It is possible to remotely control and monitor:
- Presence of the guest in the room (card is / isn`t in the holder);
- Current room temperature;
- Required room temperature;
- Fan blowing level of the air conditioning;
- Opened doors, windows or balconies;
- Optional: alarms.
Control and management with the Web control system has many advantages:
- Overview of the room;
- Simple energy savings through remote computer – change in temperature / fan blowing level.
TURN EVERY GUEST INTO A SATISFIED GUEST.
too high / too low temperature in the hostel, complicated access to the rooms … All of this has a significant impact on the user experience of the hostel. This may result in lower ratings and negative comments on websites such as Booking.com, TripAdvisor, Trivago, Hotels.com. This lowers the reputation and allows the competition to reach better positions on search portals.
We guarantee you proven and reliable hostel automation that is understandable and simple to use. With our automation we can at the same time assure the comfort for the guests and lower the cost of electricity for hostel owner.