Modbus Differential pressure transmitter
Andivi Modbus Differential pressure transmitter
The most common and use case in industrial pressure measuring instrument is the Modbus differential pressure transmitter (Modbus Differential pressure transducer) – ANDDDM/MD. This “ Modbus device” will sense the difference in pressure between two ports and produce an output signal with reference to a calibrated pressure range.
The Andivi Modbus Differential pressure transducer ANDDDM/MD differs from the standard Differential pressure transducer ANDDDMU1/2 by communicating through the integrated Modbus Protocol – Modbus (ASCII/RTU), RS485. Both sensors come with a 20 … .34 VAC/VDC power supply.
Most common application of a Modbus Differential Pressure Transmitter
The application of pressure sensors is most typically in process engineering, Environmental engineering, Process technology, building automation, industrial application, pneumatic application, hydraulic application and several more …
Differential pressure measurement is largely used in industrial and domestic applications. It is often the basis of other measurements such as flow, level, density, viscosity and even temperature. The most widely used being flow and level.
Differential pressure flow rate measurement is one of the most common use cases for differential pressure transducers.
By measuring the difference in fluid pressure while the fluid flows through a pipe it is possible to calculate the flow rate. Differential pressure flow measuring consists of a primary and a secondary element:
- the primary element is designed to produce a difference in pressure as the flow increases. There are many different types of primary element, the most common being the orifice plate, venturi, flow nozzle and pitot tube.
- The secondary element of the flow meter is the differential pressure transmitter. It is designed to measure the differential pressure produced by the primary element as accurately as possible. In particular it is important that the differential pressure measurement is not affected by changes in the fluid pressure, temperature or other properties such as ambient temperature.
A reliable differential pressure transmitter will ensure that the differential pressure is measured accurately independent of other changing parameters and will reliably transmit a signal to represent the differential pressure.
Technical specifications of the Andivi Modbus Differential pressure transmitter ANDDDMU/MD
Measuring ranges are Settable via a DIP-Switch that is integrated within the sensor housing:
Pressure range A = DDMX1
- 0 … 1/3 / 5 / 10 mbar
- -1 … +1/-3 … +3/-5 … +5/-10 … +10 mbar
Pressure range B = DDMX2
- 0 … 20 / 30 / 50 / 70 mbar
- -20 … +20/-30 … +30/-50 … +50/-70 … + 0 mbar
0,6 bar DDMU1 and DDMI1
1,2 bar DDMU2 and DDMI2
DDMU1 / DDMI1: ± 1,0% Fullscale + 0,5% full scale
DDMU1 / DDMI2: ± 1,0% Fullscale + 0,5% full scale
Medium: clean, nonaggressive, noncondensing and nonflammable
Output: 0 … 10 V or 4 … 20 mA
Switching output: Relay: NO/NC
Relay switching load: 1 A
Connection: Screw clamps max. 1.5 mm²
Pressure type: Differential pressure
Zero-point offset: max. 5%
Operating temperature: -5 °C … +65 °C
Admissiblee Humidity: 95 r.h. non-condensing
ConnectionHousing: 75 x 69 x 44 mm, Polyamide, pure white (standard Andivi sensor case)
Class protection: IP65 protection
Pressure connection: Stainless steel connection fitting
Accessories (incl.): Pressure connection set with 2 air connection fittings and PVC hose
Optional: LED Graphic display
Like all Andivi sensors, the differential pressure transmitter with Modbus communication comes with a 3 year warranty.
Other Andivi Pressure Sensors
There are several other regular Andivi pressure sensors that are widely used:
- ANDDDW – differential pressure controller – for monitoring incombustible and non-aggressive gaseous media.
- ANDDT1 – the standard pressure transmitter for measuring relative pressure of non-aggressive media.
- ANDFDE28- standard digital pressure transducer for application in the measurement of excess pressure, negative pressure and also differential pressure,
- ANDFDE40 – standard pressure transmitter for overpressure, differential pressure and vacuum measurement.
Please do not hesitate to contact us.