Custom Sensor Design & Custom Sensor Development
At Andivi we also focus on custom sensor development and custom sensor design sensors according to your required project demands and specifications.
We create sensors that are tailor-made for specific custom applications. Our custom sensor devices have been implemented in various sectors by companies considered industries leaders: from manufacturing, automotive, HVAC, energy to building automation and process automation and more.
Our custom sensor design and development experiences cover: temperature sensors, humidity sensors, vibration sensors / vibration detectors, PIR / motion and proximity sensors, smoke/fire detection sensors, leakage sensors, level meters, airflow, air quality and CO2 sensors, access sensors, pressure sensors, flow sensors, pressure switches, touch sensors, etc.
Requests also vary from AC Current, DC Current, AC Voltage, DC Voltage and latching relays, digital inputs and digital outputs. At the same time, many custom sensors are being developed with various communication protocols that apply for cases of lite and user-friendly smart home use to robust industrial building automation.
However, let’s start at the beginning.
Development Process – How to start?
Most of our clients have a clear understanding regarding their individual sensor specifications and needs and submit a basic datasheet brief with which we can work in order to create a custom sensor offer.
The information below helps us to prepare quick offers for you and better understand your needs. These are:
- Specifications: Preliminary or final datasheet with technical specifications key product and feature requests on hardware side – and software side if applicable; (e.g. measuring ranges, hardware components. cable lengths, widths, communication protocols, housing and casing specifications, etc.)
- Mandatories: specify any mandatory request as well as optional requests and open requests. This is in order to have a clear understanding of what is mandatory and what is open for debate/improvement.
- Drawing: A technical drawing of the requested sensor or a basic sketch of the sensor if no detailed drawings are available. Sketches are shortcuts to quicker understanding. (if you do not have 2D drawings or 3D we can help you create them),
- Certification: requests for certification,
- Existing examples: if you have any existing product examples you are welcome to submit them for evaluation,
- Timeline / Deadline: a brief timeline of the project with key milestones and a final deadline helps create perspectives and
- Demanded Quantities: specify the demanded quantities that are needed for this custom development product.
- Target prices: specify the target price for the requested quantities.
Once we have a clear understanding of your needs, we will prepare a preliminary project proposal, which will serve as a project foundation that can be built upon.
Electronics beyond design
On several occasions’ clients prefer to go “one step further”, hence we also go beyond only custom sensor development and have gone into electronic development.
We carry out development projects from a wide range of electronics and software fields. This can only involve integration with some development services at different stages of your project or take over the entire project including product delivery (OEM).
Andivi can help you with:
- Consulting throughout the entire development of electronic devices,
- Conceptual design of solutions (hardware, software, UI design, UX design),
- Development of electronic assemblies, subassemblies and devices,
- Design of printed circuit boards (PCBs),
- Preparation of documentation for production,
- Development of software for microcontrollers,
- App development and WebApp development,
- Prototyping and testing,
- Consulting in the process of selection of electronic assemblies, modules or components for your project,
- Logistics of production of small series of printed circuit boards or complete electronic ones devices.
- Management and coordination of development projects,
We specialize mainly in the production of special (custom) solutions for small and medium series products.
Custom Sensor Design with different communication protocols
Development experience and know how covers also various different communication protocols for wireless technology (IoT network protocols):
- Zigbee custom sensors – a suite of high-level communication protocols used for application in home automation devices (thermostats, lighting), collection of medical device data and other low-power low-bandwidth needs.
- ZWave custom sensors – a proprietary stack, sub-GHz mesh network protocol used for applications in security devices and safety systems, lighting controls, etc.
- Bluetooth custom sensors – for device-to-device file transfer with s a global 2.4 GHz personal area network for short-range wireless communication – used for wireless speakers, etc.
- BLE custom sensors – similar to Bluetooth, but designed for low-powered devices that use less data and conserve power (e.g. thermostat satellite sensors, health trackers and fitness monitors).
or standard data communication protocols:
- Modbus protocol (RTU, ASCII, TCP/IP) use with PLCs (programmable logic controllers) for applications in the field of building automation (thermostat, HVAC devices, energy meters, heating and cooling devices).
- KNX protocol for use in home automation and commercial automation (in order to control blinds, lights, temperature, audio and video devices and remote-controlled devices.
- Bacnet protocol is a complex and extremely flexible communication protocol for BAC networks (building automation and control). Most commonly used for HVAC use cases, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning, fire detection system and other equipment.
- DALI protocol is a dedicated protocol for digital lighting control that is robust and scalable.
We are always open for new projects and are looking forward to getting in touch.