Automation of hotels or hotel rooms is an essential part of hotel guest experience. However, intelligent rooms can vary significantly from hotel to hotel. Therefore, different hotel categories require different automation solutions. Each hotel has its own vision and way of creating an unforgettable experience for their guests. Some advocate ease of use while others maximum comfort.
We offer modular composition of intelligent hotel rooms from various components. Thus, we can foresee a solution for any type of hotel, which is consistent with its automation concept.
360° Solution for hotel rooms includes: access control, comfort and AC control, adequate software and hardware for monitoring processes in hotel rooms.
The solution consists of a:
- Hotel room Electronic door lock with Card reader (or separate Card reader),
- Energy saving switch,
- Room control unit or Room Thermostat
- Input-Output module
- Control unit
- Webserver (software)
- Card Encoder for the Reception.
COMPONENTS OF THE SOLUTION
The table below shows individual solution components that can be combined according to the desired version of hotel automation.
- Electronic Door Lock with Card Reader
- Energy Saving Switch
- I/O unit
Electronic Door Lock with Card Reader – Access Control
Hotel room Door Lock is equipped with an RFID contactless Card Reader. This allows the guest to open the door without touching the reader, but merely holding a contactless card near it. The main advantages of contactless smart card RFID technology are security and reliability (Mifare technology), as well as numerous possibilities for integration of the system: access to different areas of the hotel, payment for other hotel services, etc. You can find more about Door Locks with Card Reader, various models and technical specification here.
When the guest approaches the reader with the contactless card, which is coded specifically for a given room, the hotel door opens automatically. Immediately thereafter the guest is invited into the room by pleasant welcome lighting.
The Card Holder or Energy Saving Switch in the hotel room is used for:
- Turning on/off the power supply in the room,
- Switching between Saving and Manual mode of air conditioning,
- Turning on/off the lights,
- Controlling window blinds.
Upon arrival the hotel guest card is placed in the Energy Saving Switch, which enables the latter. When the card is withdrawn from the energy saving switch for more than a minute, the power turns off, air conditioning is reset to Economy mode, the lights are turned off and the blinds’ controls disabled.
You can find more about Energy Saving Switch and its technical specification here.
Room thermostat (Andivi TRB) is designed for:
- controlling the temperature in the hotel room,
- controlling the fan speed,
- switching between Automatic and Manual mode – saving and comfort.
- direct connection to the fan coil, heating and cooling valves,
- connection to Energy Saving Switch, which allows switching between Economy mode (guest absent) and Comfort mode (guest present),
- monitoring contacts (reed) on windows/doors and turns off air conditioning if windows/doors are opened and thus additionally saves energy,
- button to call maid service (function: clean room),
- button to notify the reception that the room is tidy and ready for the next guest – for communication between the cleaning staff and the reception that prevents accidental allocation of an untidy room to a guest.
Room Thermostat TRB
Room Thermostat TRC
The Andivi Input/Output unit U-MIO connects the Card holder (Energy saving switch) and the Andivi TRC Inner unit. Via Modbus protocol it transfers all the data from the hotel room to the Webserver. It also controls all the lights, shades and switches of power once the card is no longer in the energy saving switch.
You can find more about the Input/Output Unit here.
The Andivi U-DDC Controller can be connected to up to 128 U-MIO input-output units. The controller also includes WebServer – software that allows remote access to the room control with a connection to the reception. Simple and easy control via web browser on the reception computer.
You can find more about U-DDC here.
The reception is equipped with a Card Encoder, which can store hotel access data and other custom data on smart cards and contactless cards.
Communication with the Hotel Management System (HMS)
The Andivi 360° Hotel Room Solution communicates via standard MS SQL and MySQL databases, which are the most common sets of files within the Hotel management Software. Therefore, the system is compatible with other hotel software – such as Micros Fidelio.
VERSIONS OF HOTEL AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS
We have prepared a few different ranges of hotel automation solutions that are included in the most common standards in the industry. The table below shows solutions for basic, advanced, and most demanding hotel rooms..
|RFID card reader||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Energy Saving Switch||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Thermostat TRC||or TRB||•||or TRB|
|Thermostat TRB||or TRC||or TRC|
|U-MIO2 I/O unit||•||•||•|
CONNECTION WITH THE RECEPTION
Hotel room control via a remote computer (so-called Hotel Room SCADA) is a total overview of real-time data of hotel rooms. It allows the receptionist to have a full overview of the hotel room data over a web browser.
You can control and monitor information like:
- Guest presence;
- Current and desired (set) room temperature;Air conditioning fan level;
- Air conditioning fan level;
- Window openness;
- Do not disturb function;Room maid request;
- Room maid request;
- Room status (room is untidy or room is prepared for the next guest);
- Several types of alarms.
Control and management with Web control system has many advantages:
- Provide better experience to hotel guests;
- Overview of the hotel, current occupancy status and room status;
- Energy savings (temperature and fan setting via the reception).
BENEFITS FOR THE HOTELIER
TURN A BAD GUEST EXPERIENCE INTO AN INCREDIBLE ONE
Unpleasant hotel room conditions, complex AC settings, time consuming hotel room access can destroy the guest experience little by little. This jeopardizes your reputation, it can lead to bad TripAdvisor reviews and can even result in fewer reservations.
We can help you add to a smooth and troubleless hotel experience that is fast and enjoyable. This will make your guests feel appreciated, and allow you to focus on issues that really need your attention.